CONTROLS AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Hannafin Automation & Industrial Controls is an expanding business in the city of Belleville, Ontario, seeking a full-time Robotic & Automation Specialist with high-level programming expertise between systems and networks.
As a HAIC employee, you will be part of a team that specializes in creating one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. We find solutions for client’s process needs and are relied on to solve the issues that have not been solved.
We are fortunate to be system integrators to a wide range of industries such as automotive, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, feminine care etc.
Our office, conveniently located off the 401, has undergone extensive renovations which includes the addition of our Design and Innovation center. This space gives you access to our in-house resources to test and evaluate the potential success of an idea.
Summary of Position:
Design/develop software programs with a strong ability to identify problems and fluently provide solutions for resolution in ever-changing industries to satisfy our customers’ needs.
- Develop programs for:
- Robotics such as ABB, UR, Fanuc
- PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) for various equipment that may use Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi
- Vision Systems such as Cognex, Keyence,
- Servo Systems such as Kinetix, GML (1394)
- HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems such as Panelmate, Panelview,
- VFD such as Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi
- Prepare installation instructions for contractors or clients to understand the work completed
- Perform IO checklist, validation documentation
- Understand, demonstrate, and promote company safety culture procedures and practices to prevent injuries
- Assist/complete other tasks as requested
- Prepare project documentation such as single line diagrams and data sheets using Autocad and PromisE
- Prepare electrical and control designs of systems and equipment. The design activity entails development of electrical and instrumentation systems, panel layouts, pneumatics, part descriptions, Bills of Material and installation instructions
- Ability to read prints and understand Engineering Instructions
- Prepare installation specification for contractors and ensure proper coordination of their activities with the project
- Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs and to standard/project drawings and documents
- Strong understanding of programming safety devices/PLCs and understanding safety performance levels.
- Practical experience with Robotics
- ABB Robot Studio Software Training
- Strong ability to independently communicate effectively and professionally with clientele
- Ability to troubleshoot automation equipment and design/modify programs
- Multiple programming languages (C+, C++)
- 5 years minimum experience working in the field
- Bachelor’s degree, College Diploma or Technologist based on an Electrical, Controls, Automation or Systems Design field
- Integrating systems, Troubleshooting, and commissioning in a manufacturing environment
- Power systems, vision systems, and electronics for automation
- Technical/instrumentation knowledge
- Understanding/awareness of the Ontario Electrical Code and hydraulic/pneumatic principles, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Strong software-oriented aptitude
- Logical thinker
- Self-motivated by challenges
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities accordingly
- Communicate effectively with clientele including persons of diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to professional development and superior command of the English language (verbal & written)
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Some limited travel and shift support may be required
What we OfferStarting at $25.00 (Competitive pay rate in accordance to skills, qualifications, and years of experience)
- Flexible work hours
- Benefit Package through Manulife
- 5% Employer Group RSP Contribution through RBC
- Annual boot allowances
- A personal development allowance
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than February 16, 2023. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.