Technical Project Manager
Hannafin Automation & Industrial Controls Inc are system integrators to the manufacturing sector in Ontario, Canada. We are seeking a full-time Project Manager with either a mechanical or electrical background for a minimum of 40hrs/week, Monday through Friday.
The project manager will report to the director and be responsible for managing projects throughout the project’s entirety, including estimating, scheduling & budgeting. The project manager with be the lead technical contact for all projects and will be responsible for communicating the project objectives to the mechanical, electrical and software designers on the project team.
- Review proposal specifications to determine scope of work (Includes travel for site visits)
- Accurately estimates labor, material & subcontractors’ costs per client requirements detailed in proposal
- Identifies changes to scope and issues ECR’s (Engineering Change Request) for projects
- Provide technical direction to resources, including communicating project objectives to resources
- Develops project schedule in coordination with business administrator
- Coordinates resources schedules with the business administrator
- Monitors projects status to ensure milestones are being met
- Reviews financial aspects of the project to ensure they are aligned with project budget
- Reviews material / equipment orders prior to submission to purchasing for projects
- Communicates the status of projects to the director
- Attends weekly employee meetings to review project status
- Attends monthly forecasting meetings with clients
- Engage with Clients to generate business and forecast work loads
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including 3-5 years of experience in design/manufacturing, project management or supervisor role
- Previous resource management / leadership role required
- Completion of a University Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Experience with Solidworks considered an asset
The prime candidate would have the following qualities:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, self-starter, logical thinker
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Meticulous organizational and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and driven, reliable
- Determined to succeed
- Maintains positive relationship with all personality types (clients and coworkers) even during difficult situations
- Communicate effectively & professionally with clientele
- Aspects of this position are confidential. The ideal candidate would need to demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
What We Offer
- Salary Pay- starting at 70k (Competitive pay rate in accordance to skills, qualifications, and years of experience)
- Flexible hours of work
- Benefit package through Manulife
- 5% Employer Group RSP Contribution through RBC
- Annual Boot Allowance
- A personal development allowance
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31, 2022. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.